Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 24 Feb 2015 – There will be a 20% reduction in the student population of Clement Howell High with the completion of phase one of the Long Bay High, as it is being called already by the Minister of Education and Deputy Premier, Akierra Missick. It was a thrilling moment for the Minister and her team yesterday as a long touted dream for her constituency and her ministry saw its beginnings. “A bridge from a dream illustrated years ago in a newspaper advert that had been placed by my predecessor of this constituency, Galmo ‘Gilley’ Williams. The advert envisioned a new school, in a new area, with a new vision to uphold an old ideal; the ideal of more and better education for all. The ideal of keeping hope alive and keeping the dreams of the next generation, always within their reach.”Ground was broken and soil is now turned as a vacant space off Long Bay Hills road is to be transformed, in a phased approach, to eventually become a full secondary school. Eight classrooms, an administrative block, toilet facilities and 150-180 first formers will be first; we spoke to the Director of Education, Edgar Howell. “Well, where we standing, if you look towards the east we will be looking directly at the Administrative Building and then when you go through the entrance, to the classrooms. We’re talking in this initial phase about a facility that will house the first form students only, the intention is for this to develop into a full high school.”The Premier, was also on hand for the ceremony held on the site and said he would like to see the work move at a pace to surpass the current timeline.“When this project was initially conceptualized, we were looking to do it in about three phases, but I am sure with the action of the Government and the Honorable Deputy Premier here, we’re gonna try to do this in two phases… so we hope that by the end of 2016 this project will be completed.”Also turning soil, was shadow cabinet minister for Education and Deputy House Speaker, the Hon Josephine Connolly and sixth grade students of Enid Capron and Oseta Jolly Primary schools.
Recommended for you Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Electricity Cost of Service Study among the big agenda items at September 11 Cabinet meeting Related Items:#magneticmedianews ALERT # 2 ON POTENTIAL TROPICAL CYCLONE NINE ISSUED BY THE BAHAMAS DEPARTMENT OF METEOROLOGY THURSDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER, 2019 AT 9 PM EDT Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppBahamas, March 6, 2017 – Nassau – Sarkis Izmirilian still wants to buy Baha Mar and said the offer government currently entertains is not better than his; Izmirilian in a statement issued Sunday criticized the staggered approach to opening the resort spread beginning from April and well into next year. Izmirilian says Bahamians deserve better and as the original developer, BMD Holdings Ltd is that better.Pointing to the tangle which led to delays and lawsuits and court battles and the re-sale of the billion dollar Baha Mar project, Izmirilian said it was the interference of The Bahamas Government which forced the liquidation. He put the cost of that liquidation, loss of revenue and hit to jobs as over $4 billion.BMD Holdings he said made a substantial offer to buy Baha Mar at a price in excess of the current undisclosed bid, and the offer was made with the understanding that BMD would drop all legal proceedings against The Bahamas government if their proposal to buy was accepted.The Bahamas Government through the Attorney General reportedly responded to this account with, first the Chinese EXIM Bank would firstly have to accept it. The current buyer’s offer happened in December, but the details remain undisclosed.#MagneticMediaNews The Luxury of Grace Bay in Down Town Provo read more
Posted: January 24, 2019 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) – The San Diego County District Attorney’s Office recently announced a new initiative to deliver human trafficking education, prevention and awareness training into every public school in San Diego County.The multi-million dollar project comes during National Human Trafficking Awareness Month.FBI data shows San Diego ranks as one of the top 13 worst regions for human trafficking.San Diego County District Attorney Summer Stephan stopped by Good Morning San Diego to discuss the initiative. San Diego County District Attorney’s Office Trafficking Prevention Collective KUSI Newsroom KUSI Newsroom, January 24, 2019 Categories: Good Morning San Diego, Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter read more