Filipino in UAE contracts novel coronavirus

first_imgIn the Philippines, there were threeconfirmed cases of 2019 nCoV ARD, all of them Chinese national from Wuhan,China. One of them died earlier this month at the San Lazaro Hospital inManila. The new novel coronavirus cases in UAE,which were identified through periodic screening of people showing symptoms ofthe disease, are “under observation” and are being given “necessary medicalcare according to the highest health standards applicable in the country.” MANILA – Another Filipino was confirmedto have contracted the 2019 novel coronavirus acute respiratory disease(2019-nCoV ARD) in the United Arab Emirates, its state news agency said in areport on Saturday. The Emirates News Agency reported that aFilipino and a Chinese national were confirmed to have contracted the disease,bringing the total number of infected individuals in the UAE to seven. The UAE Ministry of Health andPrevention said all its health facilities would continue reporting suspectednew cases of the virus, which has been spreading from China since last month. The Filipino from UAE was the secondFilipino to have contracted the new coronavirus outside of the country after aFilipino onboard a cruise ship in Japan also tested positive to the disease. As of Saturday, the novel coronavirushas killed more than 700 people, mostly in China, and infected nearly 35,000.Several countries have enforced restrictions on travel to and from China tocontain the disease./PNlast_img