The life of a newborn baby boy was recently cut short due to alleged negligence of practitioners at the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC) after he succumbed shortly after burns received from a headlamp in one of the incubators.Little Quavon Forde was born in December 2018 in what was termed a premature birth since he arrived one month earlier than expected.His grandmother, Sharon Harding, in an interview with this publication on Wednesday, explained that the baby was incubated until he was fully developed and his parents were allowed to visit every day. On a subsequent visit some days later, his mother, Odessa Forde, went to check on her baby and made the shocking discovery that he was severely burnt about his body.Before and after Quavon Forde was burntAccording to the grandmother, the child’s mother immediately called on nurses on duty, who shrugged off the matter, insisting that they were unaware of the circumstances. Relatives later learnt that a headlamp would have caused the injuries after doctors briefed them on what transpired.“I told her to ask the nurses around and she kept asking but all the nurses would tell us is that they wasn’t there or they don’t know about that,” the aggrieved grandmother relayed.Asserting that “specialists” would be present to treat the burns, the child was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit where he was later discharged on January 21, 2019, while his wounds were yet to be healed.“She saw a doctor and the doctor told her that it was a headlamp that fall and burn the baby and she must not worry because they brought in specialists to take care of the baby burns,” the grandmother relayed.“I’m assuming that they noticed themselves that the child couldn’t make it and they subsequently discharged this baby and handed it over to her.”A few days later, she noticed that the baby was in agony and was constantly crying. He was readmitted to the hospital where doctors failed in their attempts to save him on February 8.“He was groaning and the burns on the foot wasn’t healed. They discharged this baby wrapped in gauze so we took him back where he was admitted to the ICU. However, later, they said they couldn’t save him,” Harding explained.The grandmother said she contacted the Chief Executive Officer of the hospital, George Lewis, but he refuted claims that the baby died as a result of the burns sustained about his body, but rather from the fact the he was born premature.Harding said their troubles did not end there, saying that they faced numerous encounters when the post-mortem examination was due.On Wednesday, efforts by this publication to get a comment from GPHC’s officials proved futile.The death of the baby comes amid mounting calls for public health officials to be sanctioned for negligence.A series of protests have been held outside of the Public Health Ministry after three children, all cancer patients, died under questionable circumstances at the Georgetown Hospital last month.An investigation has since been launched into that incident.Devastated family members are calling for transparency in the investigation and for the family to be informed of the outcome. Adding to that, Harding said such matters require urgent attention to ensure that there is never a recurrence.
The reported agreement would see him pick up £346,000 a week, almost double what he earns at United.The Sun claims the former Juventus star — who joined United for a then world-record fee of £89 million in 2016 — has demanded the Premier League side increase his wages from £180,000 to £380,000 a week so he is paid almost on a par with Chilean star Alexis Sanchez, otherwise he will leave.United, though, would be most reluctant to sell him, with the Daily Mail reporting they have already rejected a bid by Barcelona of £44.5 million plus Colombian central defender Yerry Mina and Portuguese midfielder Andre Gomes.Mourinho has expressed his frustration over the club’s transfer policy, and Pogba’s departure would leave little time for executive chairman Ed Woodward to find a suitable replacement with the Premier League transfer window due to close on Thursday.The club has had to deny the claim that Pogba sent a text message to Woodward demanding he be allowed to leave.The Frenchman is keen to move to Barcelona — the Spanish transfer window does not shut till the end of the month — to play with Argentina superstar Lionel Messi, while his close friend and former Juventus team-mate Arturo Vidal also recently moved to the Catalan giants.– ‘Pogba needs to play his part’ –Essentially, though, Pogba’s unhappiness stems from the deterioration in his relationship with Mourinho, who not only does he blame for his muted performances for United since his move but also for his qualified praise of his performances for France at the World Cup.“Paul was like the (France) team. He started average and ended top,” Mourinho told beIN Sports on United’s unhappy tour of the United States last week.Pogba, though, is believed to have been more upset by what followed in the interview as Mourinho implied being in an enclosed environment over six weeks ensured he focused just on football and not on outside matters such as commercial contracts.Pogba’s super agent Mino Raiola — who was also instrumental in bringing Romelu Lukaku to United last summer — has remained out of the fray, refusing to comment on links with Barcelona.“I will never make declarations about Paul,” said the Dutch-Italian agent, who is reported to have earned just over £40 million when Pogba moved to United.“You have to speak to Manchester United,” added Raiola.Former United star Rio Ferdinand told Wednesday’s edition of the Daily Mail that Mourinho needed to fit the team around Pogba’s sublime talent, but accepted the player needed to adapt too.“It’s down to the manager to get the best out of him, setting the team up and setting Pogba up in the right way to achieve the best,” said the former England central defender.“But Pogba needs to play his part in that.“It’s a case of the player and manager getting an understanding for each other and getting the best out of the player.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Paul Pogba reportedly wants to move to Barcelona from Manchester United © AFP/File / Alexander NEMENOVLONDON, United Kingdom, Aug 8 – France World Cup star Paul Pogba is determined to end his fractious relationship with Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho and move to Barcelona, according to British media reports on Wednesday.The 25-year-old — who scored in the 4-2 World Cup final win over Croatia — has agreed terms with Barcelona for a deal worth £89.5 million over five years, according to the Daily Mail. read more
Knock Airport.Thousands of Donegal residents regularly frequent Knock Airport every year because of its brilliant cheap offers on exotic destinations.Well now management at Knock Airport are set to reward you even further by offering passengers a whopping 30% off parking when you book online.Ireland West Airport Knock have launched a special car parking promotion for Donegal residents who book their car parking online on www.irelandwestairport.com. For a one week period from 25th February to March 4th 2015 – all online car park bookings made during this period using the promo code ‘DONEGAL’ will automatically save 30% on the normal gate rate price for parking at the airport.In 2015 Ireland West Airport Knock will have services to over 20 International destinations.The airport offers the largest choice of UK destinations from any airport along the Western seaboard, with over 100 weekly flights to and from key UK markets such as London Luton and Stansted with Ryanair, London Gatwick with Aer Lingus, Manchester and Birmingham with Flybe and Bristol, East Midlands and Liverpool with Ryanair.The airport has become a popular gateway for sun breaks with the addition of a number of new services to European hotspots including weekly services in 2015, starting in April, to the likes of Alicante (twice weekly), Barcelona (twice weekly) Croatia (weekly) Faro-Algarve (three times weekly) Lanzarote, (weekly) Malaga (weekly) Milan (twice weekly) and Tenerife (weekly). Which have proved hugely popular with holidaymakers from all over Ireland, with increasing numbers opting for Ireland West Airport due to the convenience, value for money and hassle free nature of travelling from the airport.Commenting on this new initiative for Donegal residents, Donal Healy, Marketing Manager, said, “With savings of 30% on your airport car parking theres never been a better time for Donegal people to fly from Ireland West Airport Knock.“We are now attracting more and more passengers from the Donegal region as they recognise the value for money, convenience and most importantly the increasing range of low fares flights to attractive European destinations now available from the airport’.“Further advantages of booking your online parking at the airport means you can also benefit from parking your car onsite, within minutes walk of the terminal.“Whilst all car park spaces are available at the online price – with no price difference between short term and long term parking. To avail of this special car parking promotion at Ireland West Airport Knock book online at www.irelandwestairport.com using the promo code ‘DONEGAL’. Offer ends March 4th 2015.DONEGAL PASSENGERS CAN SAVE UP TO 30% BY BOOKING ONLINE AT KNOCK AIRPORT was last modified: February 25th, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:BusinessFeaturesKnock AirportnewsParking read more